Solutions for schools
Focussed curriculum support
In an ideal world, every student will be taught by an outstanding teacher 100% of the time. In reality, students are often covered by supply teachers and don’t necessarily have the high quality education that they deserve.
David is able to quickly identify the needs of individual students and classes and design a curriculum to help plug the gaps in their learning.
With over 15 years’ experience teaching in classrooms, David can:
- Assess the gaps in the students understanding.
- Deliver coursework requirements
- Run small group tuition sessions.
Extra curricular science
We know that students learn best when they are engaged and inspired with a subject. Science is ideally suited to making learning interesting – both inside and outside the classroom. Given curriculum constraints, students can learn so much more in extra curricular activities that are designed to complement the curriculum.
David has delivered inspirational extra curricular science sessions on a wide range of subjects, including:
- Rocket science (Curriculum focus on forces)
- The physics of bicycles (Curriculum focus on forces)
- Sports science (Curriculum focus on physiology)
- Forensic science (Curriculum focus on analytical chemistry)
- Using film as a learning tool (Science communication with a link to literacy)
- Science and astronomy badges to cubs and brownies.
David can work with your school or science club to develop new activities.